Generation 2 tachographs – what to do with it?
- Older programs like Tachograph driver card software 1.4 / 2 / TDCS3 cannot read the 2nd generation driver card and tachograph. You need to purchase an “Upgrade” to the new CarTracker Digital program. Prices vary according to the previous version and the new program version, starting from: € 95.00. Ask your dealer or our technical support.
- Program CarTracker purchased before 1.7.2019 version number 1.1.xxxx does not have module for 2nd generation tachographs. It is necessary to download a new version starting with 1.2.xxxx – either directly from the program (Main Menu -> Update) or from this web section Support. To complete the re-registration of CarTracker for 2.Generation, you must obtain a new license number, the € 25.00 charge applies to all types of CarTracker Editions.
- Data key for downloading the tachographs from Siemens VDO (gray / blue) and Tachodrive (orange) – cannot be updated, it is necessary to buy a new one – see Products -> Data keys.
- Data key Tachosys digiVU (digiVU Plus)
- – if the serial number starts with 597xxx – these keys cannot be updated, you must buy a new one – see Products -> Data keys.
- – if the serial number starts with 197xxx – the key can be updated free of charge to the 2nd generation of tachographs using the digiConnect application, which comes standard with this key.
- Data Key Lisle DigiDown – if it does not have the logo 2: Gen. it can be (free of charge) updated with the manufacturer’s software download here.